Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I am going to use the green garden netting you get for my sweet peas....?

.....to climb up as this seems to be the best solution to having something that cant be seen. i.e a trelis on the wall is very obvious etc


Any opinion on using this? Anyone done this before and have some tips??

I am going to use the green garden netting you get for my sweet peas....?
I have used black string netting to run sweet peas and morning glories up on sides of my house. It was very nice because the little tendrils from vines could catch on and cling to netting very easily.


The drawback I found was on windy days when the wind would blow the vines hard enough that they would get sliced right off because of sharpness of netting.


The next year I switched to plastic green netting on sides of house and had no problems and vines ran crazy on it. Just make sure you secure it very tight so it doesn't rip down from strong winds.
Reply:Yes, I've used netting. It works fine.





It can be annoying to de-vine to used next year. But when the vines are spent, if I just rip it all, and then wait until the vines are dry dry dry, it's eaiser to get it all off, and store the netting for next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment