Thursday, May 20, 2010

How much coffee grounds do I put in my plant? And when?

I am growing a sweet pea for my biology project and I dont know how much used coffee grounds to put in it. and I dont know how many times a week. I'm growing it in a plastic cup too, so that you know the size.

How much coffee grounds do I put in my plant? And when?
Add a teaspoon full of coffee grounds every other week or so. When you add things to such a small container, it doesn't take much to make the soil too acidic or alkaline. In other words, you can poison or drown your plant very easily.


Make sure you have drainage holes poked into the bottom of the cup and give it lots of direct sunlight.
Reply:the grounds need to be composted before put into plants. I just give mine some coffee, about once a month. After it has brewed,I pour some in.


No comments:

Post a Comment