Saturday, May 22, 2010

How complicated would it be to adapt a Simplicity pattern for a child to fit an adult?

I want to adapt this simplicty pattern, http://cgi.ebay.com/UNCUT-POPEYE-OLIVE-O... the popeye one to fit me. I am about 5' 10" and weigh about 160lbs. How hard would it be to adapt this pattern to my dimensions

How complicated would it be to adapt a Simplicity pattern for a child to fit an adult?
I'm guessing you've already checked for the pattern in your own size. That'd be the easiest, of course. If that's not a possibility, I'd say use grid paper or graph paper to enlarge the pattern. Remember some of the proportions will need to change, as well. A kid's neck isn't that much smaller than an adult's, but the chest sizes will be vastly different. You need to keep that in mind as you're enlarging it. Some places need to be enlarged a lot, others only a little. You can do it, but you'll need to be careful.





I'd suggest getting patterns for similar costume pieces and modifying those to fit the Popeye look, myself. Email me for more details on how to do that.
Reply:you could take the pattern to someone with a good printer an enlarge the pieces to your dimensions


No comments:

Post a Comment