Saturday, May 22, 2010

Obelisk and container gardening?

I was thinking about planting a container (16inch across) and plunking two tomato cages that have been wired together (like a poor mans obelisk) in the middle. I have tried sweet peas this way (bloom period just too short in hot summers here in Detroit) and it worked out well. Any other suggestions? I was thinking about moonflowers, but I'm wondering if they might be too aggressive, top heavy, etc for this set up?


Any ideas?


I'm also thinking about black-eyed susan vine, or morning glories.


What do you guys think?


Any input appreciated .....


Be well

Obelisk and container gardening?
Pretty ideas! Other good climbers are jasmine and akebia. I think moonflower would work with that idea as well, and would really be beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment