Sunday, May 16, 2010

Planting Sweat Pea?

I have started indoors, a packet of sweet pea's. They are very tall right now. I would like to plant them in a place in my front yard where they will look nice, but not sure if the sun they would get (from 2pm to sunset) would be enough. They are in shade until around 2pm. Does this sound like enough sun? Also, does anyone know if they transplant well? I have peat moss to mix in with the clay soil. Any opinions would be appreciated! And I am located in the midwest...so that would be zone 6, I believe. Thank you!

Planting Sweat Pea?
sweet peas are like moning glories, they can be planted just like any other flower but the need a trellis or something to vine on to they grow upward and tall.
Reply:Yes you can plant them out and they should be ok. They may take a little longer to establish with that amount of sunlight.





Don't forget to pinch off all but the bottom 4 sets of leaves. That will ensure the plants are thicker and that you will have more flowers. It may seem harsh but they will be much better for it.





happy planting.

poison ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment